Not sure if a career in HR is for you? Here are 4 reasons why I love working in HR:
It is rewarding
- We are the enablers in our companies.
- We help solve our employee’s problems and motivate them to be better.
- We get the opportunity to make other’s working lives better.
We get to shape our company
- We seek new ways to solve old problems, and create new solutions to bring the company to greater heights.
- We are not just in a position to change the company’s business processes, but also its overall direction and character.
So much exposure
- HR provides exposure to various departments of an organisation.
- Many skills picked up in a role in HR (eg. interpersonal skills) lay a strong foundation for subsequent roles. The skills picked up from a role in HR are not just valuable, but also transferable.
- Many successful HR professionals also often go on to pursue careers in areas such as management, advisory and strategy development with great success.
Work is different everyday
- Day in, day out there are different challenges and tasks to be completed, ranging from administrative duties to surveying employees to inform ideas on how to improve on business processes
- If a mundane job is not for you, HR is a path you could definitely consider.