1. Identify your main purpose
- What is the main goal of your digital marketing campaign? Is it to drive engagement, sales, profits, or achieve a certain return on investment (ROI)? How much revenue do you want to achieve?
- With that in mind, we have to decide on our budget and subsequently how many ads it will take for us to reach that goal.
2. Identify your target audience
- Different target audiences use different means to look for what they want.
- For example, the youth rely more on social media. If your target audience is the youth, then your strategy should be focused on methods surrounding social media marketing, since almost all youth use social media daily.
3. Developing a strategy
- Some types of digital marketing include: Pay-per-Click (PPC), Social Media Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- The right mix help in determining the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Professional tools provided together with digital marketing services such as impressions, click-through rate and reach are effective and conclusive enough for us to determine if the digital marketing campaign was effective.
- Apart from seeing whether the campaign helped reach your main purpose, consider also any increases in your online presence, such as spikes in social media followers, as this can also be indicative of a successful campaign.
- Analytics gives us an idea of what to tweak in order to better achieve our end goal.